Agreement to clarify the export of a Building Storey and its local placement
Based on IFC2x3
Initiator Official buildinSMART IFC2x3 CV2.0 certification programme
Effects Coordination View 2.0
Date 2013 09
There are two ways in IFC to express the storey elevation:
* by IfcBuildingStorey.Elevation
* by the z-Value of the IfcLocalPlacement of IfcBuildingStorey
It is hereby agreed, that:
* The value of IfcBuildingStorey.Elevation should be the same as the Z value of the local placement of the IfcBuildingStorey, so they are redundant (or it should be omitted).
* The Z value of the local placement of the IfcBuildingStorey is the preferred method of locating the building storey and its associated elements
* The value of the IfcBuildingStorey.Elevation shall not be used within geometric positioning.