Agreement to restrict which independent elements can be contained in a building spatial structure
Based on IFC2x3
Initiator Official buildinSMART IFC2x3 CV2.0 certification programme
Effects Coordination View 2.0
Date 2011 10
The following entity instances shall not be used as an independent element that is assigned to the spatial structure :
* IfcBuildingElementPart : it shall only be used as a part of an aggregate
* IfcRampFlight : it shall only be used as a part of an aggregate being of type IfcRamp
* IfcStairFlight : it shall only be used as a part of an aggregate being of type IfcStair
* IfcDistributionPort: it shall only be used as a port assigned to a distribution element
The following definitions apply:
* "assigned to spatial structure" : the element has an inverse relation ContainedInStructure to a subtype of IfcSpatialStructureElement via IfcRelContainedInSpatialStructure;
* "part of an aggregate" : the element has an inverse relation Decomposes to another element via IfcRelAggregates;
* "used as a port" : the IfcPort (or subtype) has an inverse relationship ContainedIn to an element via IfcRelConnectsPortToElement.
In addition, no subtype of IfcFeatureElement (such as IfcOpeningElement) shall be assigned to a spatial structure.