Based on IFC2x3
Initiator ISG Meeting-Dijon
Effects Extended Coordination View
Date 2006 11 24
For the implementation of IfcStandardWall with an associated IfcWallType within the IFC2x3 extended coordination view the following agreements are made:
* the IfcWallType is supported, but is not mandatory for export
if an IfcWallType is exported for a standard wall, then the following specification on assigning material information to both, the IfcWallStandardCase and the IfcWallType needs to be met.
* for each IfcWallStandardCase, an IfcMaterialLayerSetUsage is assigned (general rule according to the IFC specification);
* all wall occurrences being of type IfcWallStandardCase and belonging to one wall type are assigned to one instance of IfcWallType;
* the IfcMaterialLayerSetUsage's attached to all instances of IfcWallStandardCase belonging to the same IfcWallType shall reference the same instance of IfcMaterialLayerSet;
* this instance of IfcMaterialLayerSet is assigned to the IfcWallType.
Figure 1: The correct assignment of IfcMaterialLayerSetUsage and IfcMaterialLayerSet to IfcWallStandardCase and IfcWallType