|IFC4_ADD2||Addendum 2||Official||© 1996-2019 buildingSMART International Ltd.|
The following are within the entire scope of this release of IFC:
- BIM exchange format definitions that are required during the life cycle phases of buildings:
- demonstrating the need;
- conception of need;
- outline feasibility;
- substantive feasibility study and outline financial authority;
- outline conceptual design;
- full conceptual design;
- coordinated design;
- procurement and full financial authority;
- production information;
- operation and maintenance.
- BIM exchange format definitions that are required by
the various disciplines involved within the life cycle phases:
- building service;
- structural engineering;
- construction planning;
- facility management;
- project management;
- client requirement management;
- building authority for permits and approval.
- BIM exchange format definitions including:
- project structure;
- physical components;
- spatial components;
- analysis items;
- context definition.
The following are outside the scope of this release of IFC:
- exchange format definitions outside of the domain of construction and facility maintenance;
- full project structure and component breakdown structures outside of building engineering, but providing a baseline for civil engineering to be extended in future releases;
- behavioral aspects of components and other information items.