The Second Addendum of the IFC4 release has the main scope to provide improvements to geometry issues that had been reported during the implementation of IFC4 and IFC4 Addendum 1. It resolves these issues and addresses further implementation issues and concerns.
The main changes incorporated into IFC4 ADD2 schema are:
- Improvement of the tessellated geometry to allow for more complex tessellations then triangulation and to enable an point index for sharing Cartesian point lists.
- Improvement of advanced boundary representation, particularly for using elementary surfaces.
Minor corrections and improvements to the IFC4 ADD1 schema include:
- additional enumerator for IfcBuildingElementProxyTypeEnum to describe a provision for space,
- additional enumerator for IfcSensorTypeEnum to describe a CO Sensor,
- additional property sets, where a common property set was missing,
- further improvements of property set definitions and rationalizations,
- general documentation updates and improvements in the generation of the documentation.
Minor corrections after release of IFC4 Add2 schema include:
Link to this page