Definition from buildingSMART: This enumeration defines the
range of different types of covering that can
further specify an IfcCovering or an IfcCoveringType.
HISTORY New enumeration in
IFC Release 1.0
IFC2x PLATFORM CHANGE The
enumerators of the IfcCoveringTypeEnum has been
extended by adding INSULATION, SLEEVING and
WRAPPING with upward compatibility for file based
- CEILING: the covering is used to represent a ceiling
- FLOORING: the covering is used to represent a flooring
- CLADDING: the covering is used to represent a cladding
- ROOFING: the covering is used to represent a roof
- INSULATION: the covering is used to insulate an
element for thermal or acoustic purposes.
- MEMBRANE: an impervious layer that could be used for
e.g. roof covering (below tiling - that may be known as
sarking etc.) or as a damp proof course membrane
- SLEEVING: the covering is used to isolate a
distribution element from a space in which it is contained.
- WRAPPING: the covering is used for wrapping
particularly of distribution elements using tape.
- USERDEFINED: user defined type of covering
- NOTDEFINED: undefined type of covering
|TYPE IfcCoveringTypeEnum = ENUMERATION OF