Definition from buildingSMART: Enumeration defining the valid types of
railings that can be predefined using the enumeration values.
HISTORY: New Enumeration in IFC
- HANDRAIL: A type of railing designed to serve as an optional
structural support for loads applied by human occupants (at hand height).
Generally located adjacent to ramps and stairs. Generally floor or wall
- GUARDRAIL: A type of railing designed to guard human occupants
from falling off a stair, ramp or landing where there is a vertical drop at the
edge of such floors/landings.
- BALUSTRADE: Similar to the definitions of a guardrail except
the location is at the edge of a floor, rather then a stair or ramp. Examples
are balustrates at roof-tops or balconies.
- USERDEFINED: User-defined railing element, a term to identify
the user type is given by the attribute IfcRailing.ObjectType.
- NOTDEFINED: Undefined railing element, no type information
|TYPE IfcRailingTypeEnum = ENUMERATION OF