Definition from buildingSMART: This enumeration
defines the different types of linear elements an IfcMemberType
object can fulfill:
- BRACE: A linear element (usually sloped)
often used for bracing of a girder or truss.
- CHORD: Upper or lower longitudinal
member of a truss, used horizontally or sloped.
- COLLAR: A linear element (usually used
horizontally) within a roof structure to connect rafters and posts.
- MEMBER: A linear element within a girder
or truss with no further meaning.
- MULLION: A linear element within a
curtain wall system to connect two (or more) panels.
- PLATE: A linear continuous
element in wall framing, e.g. a head piece or a sole plate.
- NOTE This head piece or sole plate
shall not be mixed up with planar elements, such as sheets and panels,
that are handled as IfcPlate (and IfcPlateType).
- POST: A linear member (usually used
vertically) within a roof structure to support purlins.
- PURLIN: A linear element (usually used
horizontally) within a roof structure to support rafters
- RAFTER: A linear elements used to
support roof slabs or roof covering, usually used with slope.
- STRINGER: A linear element used to
support stair or ramp flights, usually used with slope.
- STRUT: A linear element often used
within a girder or truss.
- STUD: Vertical element in wall framing.
- USERDEFINED: User-defined linear element.
- NOTDEFINED: Undefined linear element
HISTORY: New Enumeration in Release IFC2x Edition 2.
Addendum 1 CHANGE The additional identifiers CHORD, PLATE,
IFC2x Edition 3 CHANGE The additional identifier MULLION has
|TYPE IfcMemberTypeEnum = ENUMERATION OF